It’s already Week 3 of National Cookie Month! Have you been trying the new cookie recipe featured here on my blog every week?
If you missed them, here’s what we’ve made so far:
Today we are making Apple Walnut Craisin Harvest Bars- if that doesn’t sound like Fall, I don’t know what does….
Apple Walnut Craisin Harvest Bars
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about half of a 14 oz box, finely crushed in food processor)
- 1 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 2 cups finely chopped apples (you can take the peel off if you want, I kind of like leaving the peel on for a more “rustic” cookie)
- 3/4 cup craisins
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13” pan with cooking spray.
Stir together graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, and melted butter. Press evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
Sprinkle graham cracker layer with oats. Drizzle oats with sweetened condensed milk.
In a large bowl, stir together apples, craisins, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Sprinkle over oats and condensed milk.
Sprinkle with white chocolate chips, chocolate chips, and nuts.
Bake for 27 to 30 minutes until golden brown. Loosen around edges with a knife. Allow to cool.
Cut into bars. Place wax paper between layers of cookies and store in refrigerator.
Makes 24 bars.