It’s week 2 of the Dandy Drive Quilt Along! If you haven’t started yet, never fear! Just hop over here to the blog of Sarah J Maxwell for the instructions. And yes, there’s another GIVEAWAY, so read on….
This week, we are going to add the petals to our flowers. Last week, I showed you my flower center.
Here is the completed flower:
Here are a couple of tips for making this block:
- –When sewing the squares to the rectangles, instead of sewing right on the line, sew a teeny, tiny little bit next to the line (on the side which will get trimmed away.)
- –Before you trim off your corners- lay out all the pieces of the block, and make sure that they are correct! Once you trim, there’s no going back- if you’ve sewn the squares onto the rectangles incorrectly, you’ll have to re-cut and re-sew your pieces. I laid all of of mine out, and discovered that I had one that I’d sewn backwards- was soooo glad that I hadn’t trimmed off the corner yet!
Now, the giveaway! Please head over to Pat Sloan’s blog to enter (I am not accepting entries here, you must enter over at Pat’s place!!) You can win the absolutely beautiful fat quarter bundle, with Pat’s latest fabric line for Moda, called Sunday Drive. (This giveaway runs through Thursday April 20, 2017.)
I hope you are joining us for this quilt along!
Here is the schedule:
- Week 1- April 7, 2017 (9 patch)
- Week 2- April 14, 2017 (flower)
- Week 3- April 21, 2017 (stem and leaf)
- Week 4- April 28, 2017 (butterfly)
- Week 5- May 5, 2017 (assemble)
- Week 6- May 12, 2017 (Giveaway!!!)