The Free Pattern!
It’s my turn for Pat Sloan’s Bird Song fabric tour, and we have so much FUN planned for you today!! We have a GORGEOUS FREE pattern for you, a FABRIC & THREAD giveaway, and lots of other beautiful inspiration!
First, let’s talk about this beautiful FREE wall hanging and hand embroidery pattern I am offering this week only! I’m calling this project, “Kind Words” — and don’t we all need MORE of that nowadays!? The quote on the heart says:
The world is full of kind people. If you can’t find one, be one.
You can get the FREE pattern for the hand embroidery and the wall hanging by filling in the boxes below. You’ll also receive links to my free “Getting Started with Hand Embroidery” videos, so if you’re a “newbie,” this is a great place to start.
And friends – the wall hanging has prairie points! They are so darn cute! I tinted the fabric with fabric painting before I did the embroidery (that’s something we learn in The Art of Home Club!) The sample below was stitched with my favorite floss, Aurifloss by Aurifil.
This pattern is part of The Art of Home Club, and will only be available for free for a very limited time, through July 18, 2022. It is part of a larger exclusive Club “collection,” which also includes this beautiful quilt AND a table runner AND 4 more hand embroidery patterns AND 5 applique patterns. WOW! You can find out more about The Art of Home Club and how to get the additional projects, applique, and hand embroidery patterns – click here.
AND- It’s a great time to join because we are including the “Bees & Honey” Collection as a special bonus- join The Art of Home Club NOW and get this:
Now, let’s talk FABRIC because these projects have been made even more beautiful with the Birdsong line by Pat Sloan (for Benartex.) This fabric is stunning! I had sketched out ideas for the projects above but hadn’t done anything with them yet, and then Pat approached me with a preview of her new line. I immediately knew it was the EXACT right fabric for these projects! You know how much more FUN a project is to work on when you absolutely LOVE the fabric?? That’s how I felt about working on these! They are fresh and pretty and whimsical, and I can’t tell you how much I love them (especially the birds and florals!!)
The timing of Pat Sloan’s Bird Song fabric release and my latest collection could not have been more perfect!
I’m excited to offer you this affiliate link to get the fabrics here!
OK – the fun is not yet over! Now, it’s time for a GIVEAWAY! US residents can win a Bird Song by Pat Sloan for Benartex fabric layer cake, and international residents can win Pat’s latest Aurifil thread collection – BOTH GORGEOUS!!!
To enter my giveaway, comment on THIS blog post (not on Facebook or a different blog post, you MUST comment on THIS post.) Here are the rules:
UPDATE: This giveaway is over. Congratulations to our winner: Tracy M.! Her prize from Pat Sloan has been sent. Thank you all for joining in the fun!
- To enter, tell me in the comments what is your favorite season or holiday to make sewing/quilting projects for?
- Be sure that your email address is included in your profile or comment. If I choose your name, but cannot contact you immediately, I will choose another winner. (Also – be sure that you are checking your spam folder next week in case I’m trying to contact you. In the past, I’ve had prizes go unclaimed because the winner did not respond to my emails. Don’t let that happen to you!!)
- Comment by 11:59 pm EDT (New York City time) on Monday July 18, 2022.
- By entering this contest, you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited by law. The winner is responsible for any taxes or fees.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all comments on this post. Open to US and International entrants. (Fabric layer cake for US residents, thread kit for International.)
And, don’t forget to get your FREE “Kind Words” patterns here: