Are you staring at a blank spot on your wall and aren’t sure what to put there? Even though we are about halfway through the autumn season, this is so quick and easy, you can whip it up in an hour or less! I love this simple silhouette idea so much that I decided to do a fabric project AND a paper project ! See this blog post for my FREE Quilted Owl Wall Hanging Pattern. They make really cute coordinating projects!
Supplies and Materials:
- Owl pattern- click here for PDF
- Black card stock 2 sheets 81/2″ x 11″ or 12″ x 12″
- Decorative paper or scrapbook paper 2 sheets
- 2 black frames 8″ x 10″
- Glue stick or double sided tape (preferably archival or acid free)
- Thin cardboard or plastic for making a template
- Trace owl shape pattern onto thin cardboard or plastic and cut out to make a template.
- Place template on black card stock and trace around it with pencil; cut out owl shape.
- Repeat with decorative paper, this time flipping the template over so that you get a reverse image.
- Remove backing from frame and place it on black card stock.
- Trace around backing and cut out cardstock to make a background the proper size to fit in your frame. Repeat to make a decorative paper background.
- Tape or glue owls to paper backgrounds.
- Insert into frame.
I would like to learn to quilt using rulers
Thank you for the owl patterns
Ahhh excited to see owl pattern this morning. One of my sons teaches environmental sciences and loves birding. This will be made into a nice quilted table topper or wall hanging for him. Thanks so much.