It’s here! It’s here! Today, I am sending out the first 2 blocks for the Cozy Afternoon Free Block of the Month!
First, let’s get the “technical” stuff out of the way, and then we can get onto the fun, OK?
PLEASE NOTE- THE PATTERNS ARE NOT LOCATED ON MY BLOG OR WEBSITE. YOU MUST SIGN UP BY EMAIL TO GET THE FREE PATTERNS. CLICK HERE.
If you are already signed up, you should have received an email from me just a little while ago with your first 2 block patterns. If you did not receive it, please check the following:
- 1) Check your Spam folder for my emails – some email providers will automatically route emails to spam folders based on certain words in subject lines or other criteria.
- 2) If you are a Gmail user, please check your “Promotions” email folder – Gmail routes emails they consider “promotional” into this folder and many emails may be “hiding” there. The “Promotions” folder can be checked from the Gmail website by clicking on “more” on the left side and then “Promotions”.
- 3) Please double check that you were successful in signing up for the email list – click here to try and sign up again and if you are told that you are already signed up, then you know that you are on the list!
- 4) To make sure that future emails from me are not routed to Spam, please add my email addresses to your email address book – this should keep future emails out of Spam. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your address book.
(If you are a brand new sign up (in other words, if you signed up after I sent out the mailing this morning, June 15, with the patterns), your patterns will be in the Welcome Email which you receive when you sign up.)
IF you follow ALL of the above steps, and still cannot find your email, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be patient- we tend to get a lot of emails with questions during the first month of our block of the month, so it may take us a little time to get back to you.
If you have other questions, such as how to download/save/print a PDF, if the file is unreadable, etc etc. please check out FAQ page– the answer is probably there.
Just ONE MORE THING- Please please please download and save the files to your computer immediately, so that you can find them when you need them. Don’t rely on trying to find the email with the links later- As many have found, emails tend to get lost, even when you put them in a special folder :) As this event grows larger with more and more participants, it gets more difficult for me to reply to emails requesting that I re-send the patterns. THANKS SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!
And now, as promised – the FUN!!!!
Here are photos of my first blocks- all 3 versions! Yes, I made this quilt 3 times and enjoyed all of them! I used very different fabrics for each one, and I’m not sure I could choose a favorite:
Here are the machine appliqued blocks:
And for the embroidered version, I used navy blue embroidery floss. The embroidery for these blocks is very simple- just backstitch and the occasional French knot. I love the way the blues and grays work together in these blocks:
Finally, I did a version which is just pieced. I chose a gorgeous floral for the both the borders and the block centers. Any novelty fabric would also work perfectly with this pattern.
(If you choose to do just piecing, without applique or embroidery, your blocks will go together super-quick! You may want to make a bunch of these blocks and make a quick quilt, as I showed in this blog post.)
And now- The BLOG HOP!! Visit my featured bloggers below to see how their first blocks turned out! Plus- they will each be giving away the prize shown below! Visit each blog to enter and increase your chances of winning! (Note- I am not doing a giveaway on this post- you must visit the bloggers below to enter).
Please click the links below for the blog hop:
Finally- don’t forget to post your project photos to social media!
- -Post them on my Facebook page
- -I’ve started a Pinterest group board for this project- please email me (email@example.com) if you’d like an invitation to the group board so you can share your photos and see other people’s photos too!
- -If you post on Instagram, please use the hashtag #CozyAfternoonQuilt and mention me @jacquelynnesteves.
It was a lot of fun last time around seeing everyone’s beautiful projects- so please share!
PHEW!!! That was a long post! Time to get sewing!