My friend Pat Sloan is releasing a brand new book, called Holiday Celebrations! And it is simply a-dorable! I know you will love all of the projects in it. When we got our “advance” copy here in the studio, we all oohhhed and ahhhed over it, trying to decide which project to make first! As the title says, these are projects meant for CELEBRATING, every holiday and season of the year!
**** Keep reading, because I’ve got
1) a FREE fabric panel for those who purchase Pat’s book from my online shop
2) a couple of giveaways,
3) AND the opportunity to take a FREE Creativity & Ornament Workshop with me! ****
The project from the book that I made was the Welcome Home wall hanging- because I love houses AND applique, so it was the perfect project for me. For machine applique, I like Thermoweb’s Heat n Bond Lite.
To add more interest to my project, I played with a pieced background, and I added free-motion details to the windows. Also, to save time, I combined my machine applique and quilting into one step- I layered my top with my batting and backing fabric, then did my machine applique. That way, the applique also acts as quilting. These are all techniques that we frequently use in The Art of Home Club, my fun monthly membership! Click here for more information!
And don’t you love my little wire hanger? It’s so easy to display any little quilt this way, and you don’t have to add a hanging sleeve! I even use mine to display mug rugs and turn them into mini wall hangings. You can find the wire hanger in 2 sizes, and also the hanging clips, in my online shop.
My sample maker Danny loved the Spooky Twist design from the book, and wanted to give it a go! She made a smaller version, and used a Moda Yuletide Grunge fat quarter bundle. This design is so versatile, you could use any colors or fabric and switch it out for the seasons!
Here’s the original from the book-
And here’s Danny’s version-
Then, she also made the Chubby Carrots table runner- too cute!! For this, she used a Moda Bella Greens fat quarter bundle to make the scrappy checkerboard center.
Copies of this book are now SOLD OUT in our online shop! Thank you!
You can still find copies over at The Fat Quarter Shop. Click here.
Join me for a FREE Creativity and Ornament Workshop!
Lots of people tell me that one of their biggest obstacles to being creative is simply TIME! In this workshop, we’re going to talk about how to fit your creative projects into your schedule, and we will also tackle some other stumbling blocks to creativity (because this past year has not been easy for anyone…) We’ll talk about organizing your projects, deciding what to work on, and ways to get motivated!
AND, we’ll also be making a really cute Christmas ornament using hand embroidery and EPP (English Paper Piecing) hexies- You can do it! I’ll walk you through it every step of the way! This is going to be fun!!
You can sign up below!
Enter to win a ginormous prize bundle over at Martingale- there will be a chance to win on their blog, AND over on Instagram! To enter on their blog, CLICK HERE!!
Finally, I’m giving away a copy of the Holiday Celebrations book!
GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNER, CLAUDIA C. FROM NORTH CAROLINA!!
To enter my giveaway, comment on THIS blog post (not on Facebook or a different blog post, you MUST comment on THIS post.) Here are the rules:
- – To enter, tell me in the comments what is your favorite season or holiday to make sewing/quilting projects for?
- –Be sure that your email address is included in your profile or comment. If I choose your name, but cannot contact you immediately, I will choose another winner. (Also- be sure that you are checking your spam folder next week, just in case I’m trying to contact you. In the past I’ve had prizes go unclaimed because the winner did not respond to my emails. Don’t let that happen to you!!)
- –Comment by 11:59 pm EDT (New York City time) on Monday June 7, 2021.
- –By entering this contest, you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Winner is responsible for any taxes or fees.
- –Winner will be chosen at random from all comments on this post. Open to US and International entrants. (Print copy for US residents, PDF for International.)
And don’t forget to visit ALL of the blogs and sites on the tour this week!
- May 31 – Martingale with a grand prize! martingale.com/
- June 1 – Jacquelynne Steves jacquelynnesteves.com (You are here!!)
- June 2 – Andy Knowlton www.abrightcorner.com/
- June 3 – Scott Hansen bluenickelstudios.com
- June 4 – Amy Smart www.diaryofaquilter.com/
- June 5 – Bonnie Hunter https://quiltville.com
- June 6 – Fat Quarter Shop fatquartershop.com/
- June 7 – Becky Thompson powertoolswiththread.com/
- June 8 – The Shibaguyz, Shannon and Jason Mullett-Bowlsby www.designz.shibaguyz.com
- June 9 – Bev McCullough flamingotoes.com/
- June 10 – Aurifil auribuzz.com/
- June 11 – Maureen Cracknell maureencracknellhandmade.com
- June 12 – Melissa Mortenson www.polkadotchair.com/
- June 14 – wrap up evening video patsloan.com/
- June 16 Grand Prize announced!