I am getting ready for the Catching Up Sew Along Day, which will be this Saturday:
It’s going to be fun, but it’s also going to be a busy day! We will be sewing along, catching up on our Sew Sweet Simplicity Block of the Month projects, posting photos of our progress, giving away awesome prizes, and more. So, after you’ve been sewing and having fun all day, what will you have for dinner? How about Slow Cooker Chicken Provencal?? You can just put it together in your crock pot the night before, take it out of the refrigerator and flip the switch on Saturday morning, and voila! Dinner will be hot and delicious and ready to go by evening. (By the way, if you haven’t signed up for this FREE BOM yet, there’s still time. Just click here.)
Slow Cooker Chicken Provencal Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 each chicken legs and thighs, skin removed (about 3-3 1/2 pounds)
- 1 large green pepper, diced (about 2 cups)
- 8 oz package sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives (canned, jarred, or from the deli department)
- 1 can (15 oz) cannellini or small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano (undrained)
- 1/4 cup water
Stir together salt, pepper, and seasonings. Place chicken in slow cooker or crock pot. Sprinkle with half of seasoning mixture; turn chicken and sprinkle with remaining seasonings.
Layer the rest of the ingredients over the chicken in the order listed. Cook on low for 7 hours.
You can serve the chicken as is, but I prefer to remove the chicken from the slow cooker, allow to cool slightly, remove the chicken meat from the bone and stir the meat back into the sauce.
Serve over cooked pasta or rice. Makes about 6 servings.
I hope to “see” you on Saturday! As I mentioned, not only will this be a fun chance for you to catch up on your blocks, but we will also have some fabulous prizes to giveaway! Please join us!!
PS the winners of the fabric mini-kits from last week’s giveaway were Tracy (whose comment was lost from the Website Debacle of Christmas Week– thank goodness I had the comments saved in an email folder!), Jill, and Pauline. Congratulations, ladies!
PS- for another easy recipe, be sure to check out Connie’s comment below!