This pretty little project is my Spring Meadow Table Runner which I designed for Martingale. Get the Free Spring Table Runner Pattern over here on the Martingale site. There’s also a great giveaway below, keep reading…
First, let’s talk about fabric selection. For my runner, I chose an unexpected color palette of yellow, pink, purple and gray. I think the little florals and dots give it a nice traditional-meets-modern feeling:
You could try using some bright colors as well, to give it a “summer” feel, or try using holiday fabrics:
When making small, quick projects, there are some quick & easy things that you can do to give them a little “Wow” factor. For example, try fussy cutting the center square of your blocks like I’ve done here:
(Fussy cutting means that you cut out a particular part of the fabric pattern so that it is centered on your quilt patch.)
You can also try adding some fun embellishments. I’ve added rick rack to my table runner- you could also try adding buttons or pom pom fringe for easily adding some extra “cuteness” to your project!
Looking for more quick “lunch-hour” projects?? Check out the Lunch-Hour Patchwork book from Martingale! It has lots of cute projects that you can put together in small chunks of time.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. OUR WINNER WAS THERESA H:
Want to win a FREE copy of this adorable book? Of course you do! To enter:
- –Please comment on THIS blog post (not on a different blog post, not on Facebook, etc.) and tell me: What’s your favorite kind of small project to make?
- –Comment by 11:59 pm EST on Sunday March 4, 2018.
- –Be sure that your email is in your profile information or in the comment. If I choose your name and I cannot contact you, I will choose another name.
- –Open to US and international readers.
- –Winner will be chosen at random.